We are a school for children. We value their growth emotionally, intellectually, physically, socially and spiritually. We respect the choice of the parents, the prime educators, to entrust to us the continuing development of their children.
Our policies and practices demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive school, a fair and moral school, an ambitious school and a school committed to the well-being of all who are part of this working and learning community.
Ethelbert Road Primary School believes in:
- Ensuring all pupils reach their full potential – academically, socially, spiritually, morally, physically and culturally.
- Creating a learning environment that stimulates interest, gives security and friendship, care, appreciation and respect for others and their belongings.
- Developing a sense of independence in our pupils as they learn and grow.
- Supporting positive pupil behaviour, celebrating achievement and rewarding effort.
- Pupils enjoying their learning and celebrating successes in all areas of school life.
- Involving parents in all aspects of school life and working with all members of the community.
What really matters:
- The child first and always. Safeguarding each child is the top priority.
- High quality learning and teaching.
- A safe and engaging learning environment set in a culture of high expectation.
- Praising each other and ourselves.
- Our own development as learning professionals and people.
- Our vision.
- Our thoughtfulness and care of each other.