Structure and Remit of the Governing Body
The Ethelbert Road Primary School Governing Body work under the 2012 model of governance with a circle model approach to monitoring, ensuring standards are high, moving the school forward through challenge and support.
Co-opted Governors are members of the local community who with the other Governors have a particular skill set to ensure the effectiveness of the leadership and management of the school. Governor Body performance is assessed by Ofsted.
The Governing Body core functions are to:
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school;
- Hold the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure money is well spent.
The aims of the circle model of governance are:
- continuous school improvement
- effective strategic planning
- robust monitoring and evaluation through monitoring in pairs/small groups.
In addition to attending meetings, all governors make regular monitoring visits to the school to meet staff and children and check progress against the school’s plans. There are specific areas to be monitored, including Safeguarding, Finance, Health and Safety, and we have a nominated governor to lead in these important areas. All governors monitor progress against School Improvement Plan. We also attend events and celebrations at the school and this is the part of the governor role we all really enjoy!
Chair of the Governing Body
Chair of Governors
Ethelbert Road Primary School.